Definition of overclaim
- Not shockingly, the most popular form of deceit is underreporting income, followed by overclaiming deductions.
- —Maurie Backman
- … handed back more than £70,000 of taxpayers' money after overclaiming on expenses …
- —Tim Shipman
- has a tendency to overclaim his accomplishments
- … allowed the researchers to, in effect, overclaim the significance of what they had found …
- —Jesse Singal
- Sometimes the product claims are valid, Martin says, but some sales reps are overclaiming.
- —Lisa Guenther
overclaimnoun, plural overclaims
- … the process leads to millions of cases where taxpayers inadvertently make overclaims that the IRS does not identify until months later …
- —Office of the (United States) National Taxpayer Advocate
- the advertisement's alleged overclaims