Definition of overanalyze
: to analyze (someone or something) excessively … highlighting how being able to remember (and then overanalyze) past social situations can lead to distress.— Kelsey Dallas When winners feel doubt, they manage themselves—as fast as possible—away from the overwhelming tendency to hesitate, overthink, and overanalyze.— Larry Weidel
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?