Definition of overanalytical
: excessively analytical an overanalytical mind … modern-day football's overanalytical approach to winning games.— Dave Powell I can be overanalytical, so forgive me if this sounds like an absurd exploration of the mundane.— Benjamin Malakoff What does he think when he receives my friend request? Will he read anything into it? … These questions may seem overanalytical, but they plague many of us nonetheless.— Jessica Massa
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game