: to give excessive emphasis to (something)
- We have overemphasized the differences between men and women.
- —Zosia Bielski
- … people feeling pushed into starting businesses … in a culture that overemphasizes entrepreneurialism.
- —Derrick Penner
- I can't overemphasize the importance of this turning point in my life.
- —Genesse Gentry
- We … cannot overemphasize how important it is to keep up with latest security fixes …
- —Rene Gielen
- The value of a good reputation cannot be overemphasized.
- —J. Dwight Pentecost
- It's hard to overemphasize how significant this development will be …
- —Rich Smith