Definition of nonsuccess
1 : a lack or absence of success … an idea that has had varying degrees of nonsuccess since the 1980s.— Molly Wood
2 : something that is not a success "Those with a deep spiritual grounding have a sense of security and self-esteem that allows them to risk, and perhaps gives them the ability to accept and move on from nonsuccesses," …— David Roozen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game