Definition of nonsubsidized
: not subsidized Of the remaining 29 percent of older people, 5 percent are in institutions, one percent in single-room occupancy hotels, another 5 percent in subsidized housing units, and the remainder in nonsubsidized rental apartments or in the home of relatives.— Beth B. Hess
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?