:to plan or form after a pattern :shape
- legislative institutions primarily modeled on the English pattern
:to make into an organization (such as an army, government, or parish)
:to shape or fashion in a plastic material
- modeling figures from clay
:to produce a representation or simulation (see simulation 3a) of
- using a computer to model a problem
:to construct or fashion in imitation of a particular model
- modeled its constitution on that of the U.S.
:to display by wearing, using, or posing with
:to design or imitate forms :make a pattern
:to work or act as a fashion or art model
- Each contestant modeled in front of the judges.
or less commonly
\ˈmäd-lər, ˈmä-dᵊl-ər\ noun