mise-en-scène was our Word of the Day on 12/27/2012. Hear the podcast!
Theme music by Joshua Stamper ©2006 New Jerusalem Music/ASCAP
Origin and Etymology of mise-en-scène
First Known Use: 1833See Words from the same year
Synonym Discussion of mise-en-scène
- the shocking decision was part of the background of the riots
- a militant reformer who was born into an unlikely social setting
- the kind of environment that produces juvenile delinquents
- an intellectual milieu conducive to artistic experimentation
- a gothic thriller with a carefully crafted mise-en-scène
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up mise-en-scène? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).