Definition of independent suspension
of a vehicle
: a type of suspension (the parts of a vehicle that connect the body to the wheels) in which each wheel has its own set of supports for the body of the vehicle This car has four-wheel independent suspension.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game