ho·me·osmotic | \ ¦hōmē, ¦hämē+\
Definition of homeosmotic
: having a relatively constant bodily osmotic pressure that is maintained independent of the osmotic pressure of the external environment — compare poikilosmotic
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?