:near, being at, or belonging to the forepart
- the forward section of the main deck
:situated in advance
- Baggage is carried in the forward cars of the train.
:strongly inclined :ready
- always forward to criticize his neighbors
:lacking modesty or reserve :brash
- Poorly disciplined children are often distressingly forward.
:notably advanced or developed :precocious
- The child is very forward at walking.
:moving, tending, or leading toward a position in front
:moving toward an opponent's goal
- checked the forward movement of the dog
:advocating an advanced policy in the direction of what is considered progress
:of, relating to, or getting ready for the future
- forward buying of produce