: the quality or state of being ready: such as
: a state of preparation
- As Apollo approached readiness, a new system for validating flight hardware came into use.
- —William Hines
- … conditions that prevented all regiments being brought to battle readiness simultaneously …
- —Graham A. Cosmas
- Pym presented himself at the entrance to the school drive in readiness for Mr. Cudlove's arrival.
- —John Le Carré
: prompt willingness
- Kostunica has already expressed his readiness to talk with independence-minded leaders in Montenegro …
- —Joshua Hammer et al.
- Civil War reportage owed its successes also to the readiness of the military to accept photography as a new visual tool …
- — Naomi Rosenblum
: ease, facility
- The introduction was followed up on his side by a happy readiness of conversation
- —Jane Austen