fac·ti·tial | \ (ˈ)fak¦tishəl\
Definition of factitial
: factitious usually : induced by deliberate human action with or without intention to produce a lesion or disease factitial rectal lesions following irradiation a factitial hyperthyroidism resulting from surreptitious ingestion of thyroid products
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?