di·az·o·type | \ -ˌtīp \
Definition of diazotype
: a photograph or photocopy produced on a surface (as paper) by coating with a solution containing a diazo compound that is decomposed on exposure to light, the compound in the unexposed parts being then converted to a colored image formed by an azo dye by developing especially with an alkaline solution or gaseous ammonia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game