an·ti·type | \ ˈantə̇ˌtīp, -tē- also -(ˌ)tī-, ˈaan-\
Definition of antitype
1a : something that corresponds to or is foreshadowed in a type
b : an opposite type
2 : antitrope
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?