Definition of consolidated
1 : joined together into a coherent, compact, or unified whole a consolidated balance sheet [=a balance sheet in which the assets and liabilities of a parent company and its subsidiaries are combined] Ideally, the best building at the most central location becomes the consolidated school, but preferences of pastors and parishioners and local finances play an important role.— Thomas J. Reese These accounts collect proceeds from the sale of securities, pay interest, offer check writing and produce a consolidated monthly statement that includes a valuation of the portfolio.— Robert D. Hershey, Jr.
2 : formed into a firm or solid mass consolidated snow The plinths or whaleback dunes are composed of laminated, very weakly consolidated sand …— C. Vance Haynes, Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game