Definition of consolidated
1 : joined together into a coherent, compact, or unified whole a consolidated balance sheet [=a balance sheet in which the assets and liabilities of a parent company and its subsidiaries are combined] Ideally, the best building at the most central location becomes the consolidated school, but preferences of pastors and parishioners and local finances play an important role.— Thomas J. Reese These accounts collect proceeds from the sale of securities, pay interest, offer check writing and produce a consolidated monthly statement that includes a valuation of the portfolio.— Robert D. Hershey, Jr.
2 : formed into a firm or solid mass consolidated snow The plinths or whaleback dunes are composed of laminated, very weakly consolidated sand …— C. Vance Haynes, Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?