:to be made up of
- The factory was to be a vast installation, comprising fifty buildings.
- —Jane Jacobs
- The play comprises three acts.
- … a misconception as to what comprises a literary generation.
- —William Styron
- … about 8 percent of our military forces are comprised of women.
- —Jimmy Carter
:to include especially within a particular scope
- … civilization as Lenin used the term would then certainly have comprised the changes that are now associated in our minds with "developed" rather than "developing" states.
- —The Times Literary Supplement (London)