variants: or co-invent
coinvented or co-invented; coinventing or co-inventing
Definition of coinvent
: to invent (something) with one or more other people … tells us much about Jacques-Yves Cousteau, the restlessly creative oceanographer-cinematographer who … coinvented the Aqua-Lung in 1943 …— Robert Higgins … the engineer who co-invented the first popular microprocessor.— Julie Pitta
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?