variants: or co-invest
coinvested or co-invested; coinvesting or co-investing
Definition of coinvest
: to join another or others in investing in something They also coinvested in Firefly, an Internet upstart from MIT's media lab …— Mary Beth Grover A dozen or so quasi-public financing institutions co-invest with private banks and venture capitalists in companies …— Anne Reilly Dowd
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game