variants: or co-investigator
plural coinvestigators or co-investigators
Definition of coinvestigator
: one of two or more investigators working together "We sent a memo around to a number of faculty members," [William] Oh says, "and we attracted ten coinvestigators."— John Lauerman "… one significant frustration is we don't know a lot about the disease," said Dr. Holly Frost, study co-investigator and pediatrician … — Wisconsin State Farmer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game