Definition of communicator
: one that communicates something Nor was Stroheim alone during the twenties in exploring the possibilities of the camera as communicator rather than manipulator.— James Monaco especially : a person who conveys information or knowledge to others A true leader needs to be a good communicator. Bluetooth is named for a 10th-century Danish king, Harald Bluetooth, a great communicator who united warring factions. — Jessie Milligan She tells me I'm a poor communicator, that I give out ambivalent signals. — Blake Morrison A patient representative is a listener, a communicator, and a catalyst for change from within the system. — Barbara M. Swanson
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game