Definition of centime
1 : any of several former monetary units equal to ¹/₁₀₀ franc (as of Belgium, France, and Luxembourg)
2 : a monetary subunit of the dinar (Algeria), dirham (Morocco), franc (a number of especially sub-Saharan nations in Africa), and gourde — see dinar, dirham, franc, gourde at Money Table
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game