bi·anis·i·dine | \ ¦bī-ə-¦ni-sə-ˌdēn, -dən\
Definition of bianisidine
: any of several isomeric compounds C14H16N2O2 the molecule of which is a doubled anisidine molecule especially : the white crystalline ortho isomer derived from benzidine, made by reducing ortho-nitro-anisole, and used as an intermediate for many azo dyes
— called also dianisidine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?