aza·cyanine | \ ˌazə +\
variants: or azacyanine dye
Definition of azacyanine
: any of a class of dyes differing from the cyanines in that the chain joining the heterocyclic rings contains one or more nitrogen atoms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game