an·ti·men·si·on | \ ˌantə̇ˈmensēˌän, -tē-, -ōn, -ən\
variants: or antimensium \ -sēəm \ or antimins \ -ˌminz \ or antiminsion \ -ˈminsēˌän , -ōn , -ən \
plural antimensia or antiminsia\ -sēə \
Definition of antimension
: a consecrated piece of silk or linen cloth containing relics consecrated by a bishop and kept on the altar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?