variants: or less commonly antisprawl
Definition of anti-sprawl
: opposing or restricting urban sprawl anti-sprawl zoning laws Chief among his legislative achievements is the launching of a task force on livable communities, a sure sign that the anti-sprawl agenda has arrived on the national political stage. — E-The Environmental Magazine, September/October 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?