Definition of anti-secession
- These former Whigs and anti-secession Democrats began to assume power as elections to consider secession were producing huge pro-Union … majorities.
- —Lawrence M. Denton, William Henry Seward and the Secession Crisis, 2009
anti-secessionistor less commonly antisecessionist play \¦an-tī-si-¦se-shə-nist, ¦an-tē-\ adjective
- In any case, the growth of anti-secessionist declarations corresponds with the number of ongoing civil wars in the world.
- —Ann Hironaka, Neverending Wars, 2005
anti-secessionistor less commonly antisecessionist noun, plural anti-secessionists also antisecessionists
- The two anti-secessionists … proved so unpopular with the troops that neither of them lasted long.
- —Bruce S. Allardice, More Generals in Gray, 1995