variants: or less commonly antisecrecy
Definition of anti-secrecy
: serving or intended to prevent or restrict the concealment of information especially by governments anti-secrecy laws These antisecrecy trends and inclinations sometimes interact to convince administrations, Congresses, and intelligence agency heads that they must release various historical intelligence documents.— Michael Warner
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game