variants: or less commonly antisegregration
Definition of anti-segregation
: opposing or prohibiting racial segregation anti-segregation laws After being arrested during an antisegregation protest in Alabama, Martin Luther King composes his famous "Letter from Birmingham Jail," which argues that civil disobedience is justified when defying unjust laws.— Robert Sharenow
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game