Definition of South Sea
: of or relating to the seas of the southern hemisphere and especially the South Pacific thatched huts and coconut palms of the South Sea islands South Sea pirate schooners with tall, raking masts, loaded to the gunwale with rum and gold bars— Peter Heaton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?