Definition of South Sea
: of or relating to the seas of the southern hemisphere and especially the South Pacific thatched huts and coconut palms of the South Sea islands South Sea pirate schooners with tall, raking masts, loaded to the gunwale with rum and gold bars— Peter Heaton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game