Synonyms of whoosh
(Entry 1 of 2)
to move very quickly with the sound of quickly flowing air or water
- Cars whooshed along the highway.
- Water whooshed down the pipe.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for whoosh
Synonyms of whoosh (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game