Synonyms of whoosh
(Entry 1 of 2)
to move very quickly with the sound of quickly flowing air or water
- Cars whooshed along the highway.
- Water whooshed down the pipe.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for whoosh
Synonyms of whoosh (Entry 2 of 2)
See the Dictionary Definition
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors