Synonyms & Antonyms of hiss
(Entry 1 of 2)
2 a vocal sound made to express scorn or disapproval
- there was a chorus of boos and hisses from the fans when the umpire called the runner out
Synonyms for hiss
Words Related to hiss
Near Antonyms for hiss
Antonyms for hiss
Synonyms of hiss (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game