Synonyms of suppliant
(Entry 1 of 2)
one who asks earnestly for a favor or gift
- didn't like being in the position of a suppliant, having to ask her parents to help her pay the rent on her apartment
Synonyms for suppliant
Words Related to suppliant
Synonyms of suppliant (Entry 2 of 2)
See the Dictionary Definition
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game