Synonyms and Antonyms of rebellion
- The rebellion would have failed if not for the aid sent by other countries.
- the period of rebellion that two-year-olds often go through
doggedness, hardheadedness, mulishness, obduracy, obdurateness, obstinacy, obstinateness, peevishness, pertinaciousness, pertinacity, perversity, pigheadedness, self-will, stubbornness, tenaciousness, tenacity
Synonym Discussion of rebellion
- open rebellion against the officers
- a political revolution that toppled the monarchy
- quickly put down the uprising
- a revolt by the Young Turks that surprised party leaders
- an insurrection of oppressed laborers
- a mutiny led by the ship's cook
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up rebellion? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).