present participle of pillory
Synonyms & Antonyms of pillorying
See the Dictionary Definition
to subject (someone) to harsh public criticism
- The press pilloried the judge for her decision.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for pillorying
- [chiefly British]
- (or cavilling),
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for pillorying
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game