present participle of commend
Synonyms & Antonyms of commending
See the Dictionary Definition
to put (something) into the possession or safekeeping of another
- I commend my fate into your hands
Synonyms for commending
Words Related to commending
Near Antonyms for commending
Antonyms for commending
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game