Synonyms and Antonyms of lots
- you'll need to do a lot of studying for the test
- you sure bought a lot of clothing
abundances, barrels, basketfuls (also basketsful), boatloads, buckets, bunches, bundles, bushels, carloads, chunks, deals, dozens (or dozen), fistfuls, gobs, good deals, heaps, hundreds (or hundred), lashings (also lashins) [chiefly British], loads, masses, messes, mountains, much, multiplicities, myriads, oodles, packs, passels, pecks, piles, platefuls, plenitudes, plentitudes, plenties, pots, potfuls, profusions, quantities, rafts, reams, scads, sheaves, shiploads, sights, slews, spates, stacks, stores, tons, truckloads, volumes, wads, wealths, yards
aces, bits, dabs, drams, driblets, glimmers, handfuls (also handsful), hints, licks, little, mites, mouthfuls, nips, ounces, peanuts, pinches, pittances, scruples, shades, shadows, smidgens (also smidgeons), specks, spots, sprinkles, sprinklings, strains, streaks, suspicions, tastes, touches, traces
- there were still plenty of Christmas trees available for sale in the lot
- the auctioneer next introduced a lot containing several pieces of fine china
- will it always be my lot to be picked last in gym class?
- you should stop hanging out with that lot, or you'll end up in trouble
- the school has a very strong science department, because there's not one bad teacher in the lot
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up lots? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).