plural of artifice
Synonyms of artifices
See the Dictionary Definition
a clever often underhanded means to achieve an end
- used the artifice of saying his grandmother had died so that he could get the last seat on the plane
Synonyms for artifices
Words Related to artifices
Phrases Synonymous with artifices
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors