Synonyms & Antonyms of appositely
in a manner suitable for the occasion or purpose
- the young painter has been appositely compared with the most prominent artists of the previous century
- such inexcusably boorish behavior is fully deserving of an appositely harsh reprimand
Synonyms for appositely
Words Related to appositely
Near Antonyms for appositely
Antonyms for appositely
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game