Synonyms & Antonyms of allegiance
adherence to something to which one is bound by a pledge or duty
- torn between his allegiance to his native country and the opportunities a sports career in the U.S. could offer
Synonyms for allegiance
Words Related to allegiance
Near Antonyms for allegiance
Antonyms for allegiance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game