Medical Definition of protein S
: a vitamin K-dependent glycoprotein synthesized in the liver that circulates in the blood plasma and in its free form functions as a cofactor to facilitate the action of activated protein C
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game