Medical Definition of orrisroot
: the fragrant rootstock of any of three European irises (Iris pallida, I. florentina, and I. germanica) used in pulverized form in perfumery and pharmacology
— called also orris
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game