Definition of white sage
: any of several shrubs of western America having canescent or hoary foliage: such as
a : a common sagebrush (Artemisia ludoviciana)
b : winter fat
c : a perennial shrubby herb (Salvia apiana) chiefly of dry soils of southern California and Baja California that has aromatic white to pale green leaves and tall flower stalks with white to pale lavender flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?