uro·hy·al | \ ¦yu̇rō¦hīəl\
Definition of urohyal
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, or being a median posterior bony element of the hyoid arch attached between the hypohyals of a fish
2 : of, relating to, or being a median posterior process or a separate piece extending backward from the basihyal and forming a basibranchial element of a bird
Definition of urohyal (Entry 2 of 2)
: a urohyal element
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?