un·sweet | \ "+\
Definition of unsweet
: not sweet: such as
a : not pleasant or agreeable : distasteful he sometimes finds life unsweet
b(1) : not sweet or pleasing to the taste unsweet fruit
(2) : dry sense 16a
c : not pleasant to hear has a fine voice … not unsweet in its lower ranges — Theatre Arts
d : having an unpleasant smell : foul the unsweet sewers of the city
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game