Definition of underprint
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : to print or impress on the under side of
2 : to print with less density or firmness of outline than is needed
Definition of underprint (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a light-colored overall pattern printed on a stamp underneath the design
2 : printing on the back of a stamp
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game