Definition of preprint
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : an issue of a technical paper often in preliminary form before its publication in a journal
2 : something (such as an advertisement) printed before the rest of the publication in which it is to appear
preprinted; preprinting; preprints
Definition of preprint (Entry 2 of 2)
: to print in advance for later use
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game