um·brat·ed | \ ¦əm¦brātə̇d\
Definition of umbrated
: drawn indistinctly or in outline on a heraldic field many an umbrated charge is … displayed upon a parti-colored field— M. R. Holmes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?