Definition of curated
: carefully chosen and thoughtfully organized or presented I changed the digital art on the wall multiple times, scrolled through curated playlists by DJs from Amsterdam, Brussels, London, and Paris, and then switched the lighting mode from "Romance" to "Business" to "Party."— Christopher Muther Greenfield was the brains behind the Scoop NYC chain of stores, one of the first to offer a tightly curated range of clothes, as if selling the contents of an extremely hip person's closet.— Belinda Luscombe To truly share your getaway glow with friends, bring home a curated slice of hosting heaven. Skip the duty-free shop and scout out more intimate entertaining-friendly conversation pieces like these.— Mike DeSimone
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game