twist and turnidiom
Definition of twist and turn
1 : to curve or change direction often The road along the coast twists and turns.
2 : to move with twisting motions : to be restless and to change position often A little boy was twisting and turning in the seat behind me.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game